We are inviting proposals from NJ, NY and around the region for the NJIT Digital Humanities Showcase 2020 to take place on April 17, 2020. Please see below the call for proposals or here. Deadline to submit an abstract is March 1.
CFP: NJIT Digital Humanities Showcase 2020
Friday, April 17, 2020, 11:30am-2:00pm
Digital Humanities at NJIT (DH@NJIT) invites proposals for the annual DH Showcase. The Showcase brings together researchers, scholars, librarians, and technologists in the humanities from around the region to present current projects and research work, while investigating broader ideas in the digital humanities as a growing field of intellectual inquiry.
The Showcase is interested in proposals for short papers and digital posters/demonstrations. Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
– Big Data in digital humanities
– Digital approaches to textual studies
– Public digital humanities
– Creative coding and electronic literature
– Spatial analysis, mapping
– Digital art/architectural history
– Digital accessibility
– Digital humanities pedagogy
– Preserving and sustaining digital humanities projects
– Digital gaming, critical play, game design, and gaming culture
– Studies on the uses and behaviors of social media sites users
– Community-based online media practices
– Digital humanities project design/management
– Institutional DH partnerships and project-based collaborations
We hope the Showcase will stimulate interdisciplinary dialogue and cross traditional professional barriers. We are particularly interested in international and underserved populations’ perspectives on digital humanities and computer science.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a title and 200-300 word abstract along with a 2-page CV by March 1, 2020 using the online Submission Form (https://forms.gle/e1fPovrf4JHTSo8z8). NJIT Digital Humanities Showcase 2020 welcomes submissions in the following formats:
– Short paper (7 minutes)
– Digital poster/project demonstration
The event is free and open to the public.