There’s a job opening at Fordham for an Instructional Technologist. We hope the person who lands this gig is DH savvy. Consider applying!
Date: November 18, 2013
ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
TITLE OF POSITION/RANK: Instructional Technologist
DEPARTMENT: Fordham IT, Instructional Technology Academic Computing
As a part of a team of Instructional Technologists, this position supports the faculty in their technological needs for teaching and scholarly activities. Duties include, but not limited to: supporting, producing and consulting with Faculty on online education, classroom teaching and research with technology, digital media production, application of the Academic Computing Environment – ACE, etc.
• Faculty training and consultation, on various topics of technology such as Web design, document production, presentation skills, video production, etc.
• Help design and oversee customized virtual server systems for faculty projects (from assisting to curate projects in the Digital Humanities to creating databases). For more information on this project, see: http://www.fordham.edu/ace).
• Help oversee Faculty Technology Centers, which are technology information clearinghouses open exclusively to faculty members.
• Support in the administration and user support of Blackboard, the university’s Learning Management System, and Echo 360, the university’s Lecture Capture System (for more information on these projects, see http://www.fordham.edu/blackboard and http://www.fordham.edu/echo360, respectively).
• Stay abreast of the latest technological advancement in teaching, learning and research
• Participate in production and course conversion for online learning programs.
• Any other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Faculty Technology Services
• College degree and 3-5 years experience working in instructional technology, supporting faculty within a university environment
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills is a must;
• Knowledge of Web technologies, Web design programing languages and software, such as Dreamweaver, WordPress, etc.;
• Knowledge of general server architecture, as well as operating systems such as Unix Linux, and data basis such SQL;
• Knowledge and skills in digital media production, including but not limited to: media conversion: copying, editing, converting, compressing, uploading audio/video requests for Blackboard, YouTube, and DVD/CD;
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
START DATE: ASAP
SEND LETTER, RESUME TO: Alan Cafferkey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
FORDHAM UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION