TITLE OF POSITION: Education Technologist and Online Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Communication and Media Studies, Fordham University
SALARY: Commensurate with experience (Full-time, full benefits)
STARTING DATE: ASAP
Educational Technology Responsibilities:
• Support and contribute to online/digital teaching and learning within the new Masters of Arts in Public Media.
• Teach the Fall and Winter intensive digital tools (audio, video, web) workshops for 1.5 credits each in the
PMMA program. Any additional teaching, if approved, will be compensated as adjunct teaching.
• Consult with CMS faculty on projects relating to teaching and learning with technology.
• Provide hands-on assistance to departmental faculty and students for faculty and student projects for the Public Media Master’s program.
• Provide technical and engineering support to co-curricular PMMA and CMS Activities.
• Assist in departmental initiatives related to digital curricular issues (grant proposals, fellowships, fundraising).
• Consultation/correspondence with departmental faculty/associate chair/ graduate director regarding Lab-based, FIT and PIT course scheduling, course curriculum & design, grant and
project proposals involving Lab facilities.
• Consult with faculty regarding equipment and supply needs for their courses, both graduate and
• Support department collaborative space at Lincoln Center (45 Columbus); Implement lab rules and procedures, including access, use and security within the Lab and equipment check-in/check-out, using assets management software.
• Supervision of hourly student workers.
• Installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of computer hardware,software and fixed audio visual
• Specify and oversee required repairs and maintenance performed by outside venders.
• Work with University IT staff to configure/reconfigure Lab network design and capacity.
• Miscellaneous activities: physical facility maintenance and upgrade specification and implementation; security;
policy/procedure reviews & updates; special project planning & oversight
Online Administration Responsibilities:
• Serve as the main administrative contact for the CMS Department’s digital presence, in coordination with the web committee, its chair and designated department web page contacts, IT, and the university at large to ensure that university approved web policies and procedures are followed and that best practices are maintained. This includes assisting with layout and design both ongoing and major redesign; writing, reviewing and editing content for the various program pages and other areas as requested; and coordinating the website with the Department’s social media outlets and administering those outlets as well.
• Master’s degree in Communications, Information Technology, Visual Arts or Related Areas
• 3-5 years of experience in an educational environment, working with Faculty and students; teaching experience in Technology highly desirable
• Excellent technical skills, including but not limited to: Mac and PC operating systems, Video editing software, Audio editing software, Graphics design software, Animation design software, Application development, Media conversion and streaming, Google tools, Notable shareware tools for information, design and teaching
• Knowledge of and commitment to the Jesuit mission in higher education
SEND LETTER & RESUME:
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds. Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You must be logged in
to view attached files.