Please forward widely. Thank you.
The CUNY Academic Commons is hiring! Please see our ad below for this
Project Manager (Part-Time)
The CUNY Academic Commons, an academic social network connecting the 24
campuses of the City University of New York, seeks a Project Manager to
join our team. This part-time, 5-7 hour per week position will focus on
managing and facilitating activities including coordinating the work of
our development and community teams, scheduling development calendars and
code release plans, supporting existing users, and administering the
week-to-week work of the Commons team. The ideal candidate for this
position will have a balance of technical and interpersonal skills, as
well as experience and knowledge of higher-education and open-source
* Lead and Facilitate weekly, monthly and ad-hoc team meetings
* Report weekly on project status to the Director
* Produce weekly and monthly status reports on site development and
* Manage resource allocation, including training, recruiting and staffing
* Manage Commons release, qa, ux and feature design meetings
* Represent the Commons in presentation and conference settings
* Oversee user support and outreach escalation
* Bachelor¹s degree or equivalent experience
* In-person attendance at monthly and ad-hoc team meetings
* Advanced Project Management skills
* Minimum 2 years of experience in software project management
* Experience working with WordPress and BuddyPress
* Experience working in higher-education environments
* Knowledge of and interest in collaborative / open source software
* Highly organized, detail oriented, and a creative problem solver
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit a CV/resume and a letter of interest to Matthew K.
Gold, Director, CUNY Academic Commons at email@example.com with ³Project
Manager² in the subject line.